What is Turmeric Curcumin?
The latest buzz in consumer health is turmeric curcumin. We keep seeing positive news about the benefits of turmeric curcumin almost everyday. Its uses in cooking, in smoothies and taking it as a supplement. Most people like to take turmeric as a supplement because it is convenient, effective and also more affordable in the long run.
Although we are starting to learn about the healing benefits of turmeric in the west; turmeric has been used for centuries, specially in India and South East asian countries.
Turmeric vs. Curcumin
Many people ask us, is turmeric different from curcumin? Turmeric plant contains a variety of chemical compounds and curcumin is one of its most important ones. In fact curcumin compound gives turmeric most of its anti-inflammatory benefits. Turmeric has many many benefits that we will discuss in the section below.
7 Benefits of Turmeric Curcumin
1. Anti-Inflammatory – As mentioned previously, curcumin is a natural and powerful anti-inflammatory compound. When your body feels like it’s being attacked by a disease, more white blood cells are released into the blood, which results in swelling and inflammation. Your body does this to protect itself, however inflammation creates a lot of discomfort and pain. In fact, inflammation is the start to many other illness related to aging.
2. Increase Antioxidant Effects – turmeric curcumin works as an antioxidant which prevents the oxidation and protect your body cells from damages due to aging and other illness. Antioxidants are good for your heart health and also help reduce the risk of cancerous infections.
3. Help prevent type 2 diabetes – turmeric contains a great amount of polyphenol compound which has been known to to provide an ideal intervention for type 2 diabetes, capable of mitigating characteristic pathophysiological hallmarks of the disease such as elevated blood sugar (hyperglycemia) and insulin resistance.
4. Boost your brain function – your brain naturally produced neurons and they are able to multiply; however as we age this process slows down and sometimes stops producing. Curcumin compound in turmeric increases the levels of BDNF which helps delay and reverse brain diseases such as forgetfulness. Curcumin also slows down the production of amyloid plaque which causes Alzheimer’s.
5. Lower heart disease risks – heart disease is the number cause of death. Curcumin has many cardiovascular health benefits. Adding turmeric curcumin to your diet as well as the regular exercising will help prevent heart disease.According to recent studies an effective turmeric extract reduces post-bypass heart attack risk by 56%.
6. Lessen the pain of Arthritis – arthritis causes a lot of inflammation in the body. Many studies suggest that an effective turmeric curcumin supplement can reduce and relieve arthritis pain more than many prescription drugs. As you know many drugs have serious side effects and a quality turmeric supplement is considered safe with no side effects.
7. Improve your mood and fight depression – According to several studies, curcumin is as effective as common prescribed antidepressants without the side effects. One of the major causes of depression is also inflammation and we know turmeric curcumin is a powerful anti-inflammatory.
What to look for in an effective turmeric curcumin supplement?
An effective turmeric supplement contains 1300mg of turmeric curcumin standardized to 95% plus 10mg of BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract).
As we discussed curcumin is the most important compound in an effective turmeric supplement. When curcumin is standardized in a turmeric supplement, then you know you are getting a quality supplement. In addition turmeric is very difficult absorb, black pepper has been proven to increase bioavailability of turmeric by 20 times. A quality turmeric supplement contains 10mg of BioPerine, which is a patented form of black pepper extract.
- Only buy supplements that have been manufactured in the USA, this ensures that the supplement went through stricter rules.
- Only buy supplements that have been manufactured in an FDA registered facility that also has been following a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Only buy supplements that offer at least 90 days return policy. This shows if the company really believes in their product.
Conclusion: We have tested more than 100+ brands of Turmeric Curcumin Supplements on the market. We surveyed customers and reviewed every product for its purity and effectiveness. Here are the top 3 Turmeric Curcumin Supplements currently on the market today.