Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin which helps in keeping the nerves and the red blood cells healthy. It is an essential nutrient and is also known as cyanocobalamin. Vitamin B12 is a part of vitamin B family. A human body requires this nutrient in order to work properly. It is present in different food items such as meat, fish and in different dairy products. It can also be taken in combination with other B vitamins. Vitamin B12 supplements are taken by strict vegetarians, heavy drinkers, smokers and pregnant ladies. There are some people who face problem in taking this vitamin. This can happen when a person is suffering from pernicious anemia, celiac disease or from some Crohn’s disease.
Problems which might occur
Some problems may occur due to the deficiency of Vitamin B12. These are as follows:
- It may cause anemia.
- Constipation may also occur
- Weakness is also a problem which occurs in most of the cases.
- It may also cause loss of appetite.
- Weight loss also occurs due to the deficiency of vitamin B12.
- A person may feel tired or chronic fatigue.
- A person may feels dizzy
- Poor memory
- It causes different digestive problems such as nausea, diarrhea or cramping.
- It may also cause depression or anxiety.
Health Benefits of Vitamin B12
Some of the health benefits of Vitamin B12 are as follows:
- Vitamin B12 helps in converting carbohydrates into glucose which results in leading to energy production and helps in reducing tiredness or chronic fatigue.
- Vitamin B12 also helps in the healthy regulation of nervous system. It helps in reducing depression, stress, brain problems and brain shrinkage.
- It helps in keeping the digestive system healthy and strong. It protects a body against heart diseases. This can be done by decreasing and cholesterol level which helps against stroke and high blood pressure.
- Vitamin B12 is good for skin, hair and nails. Vitamin B12 also helps in cell reproduction.
- It helps in keeping the mood fresh and good.
- It protects and keeps the skin safe from different diseases. It also helps in keeping the body protected from cancer which include breast, lung, colon and prostate cancer.
- The intake of Vitamin B12 helps from Alzheimer’s disease. Try to eat natural food products. Start eating fruits or food items which contain vitamin B12 in it.
- Sometimes it’s hard for doctors to control the blood pressure. The intake of vitamin b12 helps in keeping the blood pressure normal.
- Vitamin B12 helps in making the hair healthier and soft. Now a day’s different styling and the use of different chemicals like hair sprays, conditioners make the hairs dry and dull. The intake of vitamin b12 helps in making the hairs soft and healthy.
- Vitamin B12 provides health benefits for the brain. A person who takes vitamin B12 in his/her routine feels a less brain shrinkage.
- Now a day’s depression is one the biggest problem in people. Vitamin B12 helps in reducing depression and tension.
- Vitamin B12 helps in making a healthy level of red blood cells. It prevents the person from megaloblastic anemia.
Is it necessary to take Vitamin B12
Vitamin B12 is considered to be one of the most effective vitamin which helps in the maintenance of red blood cells, nerve cells and normal covering of nerve cells. Vitamin B12 also helps in the production of DNA, RNA and other neurotransmitters. Vitamin B12 is safe and non-toxic whereas on the other hand the other vitamins B may sometimes cause problem. Vitamin B12 can be taken from different resources. Such as:
- From beef and chicken liver
- From salmon
- From mackerel
- From lamb
- Raw milk
- From Turkey
- From Organic yogurt and much more.
All such items contain an amount of Vitamin B12 in it. People who take alcohol and cigarette are unable to use vitamin B12 because their digestive system does not respond well to it.
Vitamin B12 is considered to be one of the most important nutrients. It is an important nutrient which helps in the maintenance of red blood cells and nerve cells. The intake of Vitamin B12 is important as it helps in keeping the human body healthy and strong.